Would you like to join us in participating in the Lord’s Supper? If so, we request you to meet briefly with the elders and share your testimony of coming to faith in Christ. We encourage you to do this because our elders have the responsibility before the Lord to properly administer the Lord’s Supper. Hearing your testimony will help our elders to carry out this responsibility well.
However, before you meet with our elders, are you able to agree with the following statements?
- There is only one true God, the Creator and Ruler of the universe, who eternally exists in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are God’s Word, the only infallible standard for faith and conduct.
- There is no salvation apart from Jesus Christ. As God, He also became man in order to die for sinners. The Father raised Jesus from death for our salvation, and enthroned him in heaven as Lord. He will return to judge the world.
- I repent of my sin; I trust Jesus Christ as my Savior, and I am committed to obeying and serving Him as my Lord.
- I have been baptized in a church that upholds the doctrine of the Trinity and the infallible inspiration of the Bible (#1 & 2 above).
- I am in regular fellowship with an evangelical, Bible-believing, Protestant church.
If you agree with the above statements, the elders would love to meet with you before the service for about 5 minutes,and welcome you to join us at the Lord’s Table. To meet with our elders, please come to the church at least 15 minutes before the start of service. Otherwise, they may not be able to interview you. Please let one of our ushers/members know that you would like to meet with the elders.
If you would rather not meet with the elders at this time, or are not yet a Christian, we welcome you to stay, worship with us, and observe. There will be others in the congregation not taking part. God has an important message for us all to hear and see today – good news of sins forgiven and life with him!